<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Big Ten

So I’ve decided that what this site is missing is a little bit of social engineering. That’s right, rather than simply obsessing over every inane detail of my life, I’m going to try to fix all of your lives by molding you in my glorious image. So from time to time I’ll be making recommendations about what you should be reading, watching, eating, thinking, dreaming, and so on. Later, there will be free lobotomies.

I’ll start with ten books I’ve known and loved. I promise to provide convincing sales pitches for each of these great works at a later date; for now, here’s a cold and impersonal list:

The World According to Garp by John Irving
The Dissertation by R.M. Koster
Ragtime by E.L. Doctorow
Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse
Absalom, Absalom! by William Faulkner
The House of the Spirits by Isabelle Allende
The USA Trilogy by John Dos Passos
Franny & Zooey by J.D. Salinger
Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
The Plague by Albert Camus

So “check it out” at your local library today, Levar.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?