<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Good Times!

So I got my pictures back from Road Trip 2000! (TM), and I have several observations. To begin with, having a camera makes everything seem like an interesting subject for a photo, doesn’t it? I mean, I’m not one of those people who takes hundreds of pictures of his cats, but I noted that among the shots on this roll I have no less than two photos of my friends walking into Mexican restaurants, one of which is Taco Bell. I also have captured several images of buildings the identities of which I will never recall, and a fine photo of my friend taking a photo – how high concept! I simply must be stopped.

Plus, someone must remind me next time that holding the camera out at arm’s length to take a picture has never, ever worked, unless you want your memories to be blurry and distended. My photo album looks like there was a hostile takeover by Edvard Munch. God love the Vivitar Big View.

Of course, for me getting pictures back is always something like opening a time capsule, since it takes me about six years to finish a roll of film, at which point even one-hour development seems for some reason painfully slow. So today I am celebrating not just Road Trip 2000! (TM) but also, apparently, Halloween. Oh well. I guess any occasion that allows me to dress up as Burt Reynolds without major societal disapproval is probably worth appreciating more than just once a year.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?