<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Programming Announcement

The blog is going on a brief hiatus. No, we’re not “retooling;” I’m not going to add any plotlines about sexy crime fighting lesbians, and the role of “me” is unlikely to be recast with Sandy Duncan. I’m just heading to New York for a few days, and since Celine already snapped up Sir Elton to fill in for her, I may have to rest on my greatest hits while I’m gone.

This will be quite tragic for all of us, I understand. Nonetheless, I am looking forward to the change of location – different chemically imbalanced cab drivers, different botulism-inducing burrito places, different 4 AM car alarms. There’s something about simply pulling out of your daily routine that makes you feel freer, more alive, like when you used to write fake notes from your mom in junior high so you could skip gym class and go to Burger King. But even if I don’t get a Whopper this weekend (wink wink), at least I’ll be free of post-its, parentheticals, and proofreads, and that’s enough for me.

Be brave, little soldiers, and I’ll tell you all about it when I get back.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?