<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 29, 2004

Public Service Announcement

Think before you drink, kids. And then, more importantly, think while you’re drinking and as you are passing out on the floor of the women’s restroom. After that you can just dream, at least until the janitor prods you awake with a mop the next morning. It’s the circle of life, or something like that.

In case you haven’t guessed, I had some problems with alcohol this past weekend, or, actually, alcohol had some problems with me. I went to this house party with a bunch of friends from undergrad, where I apparently decided that I was impervious to the effects of Malibu and keg stands. Although I’m a little fuzzy on the details, I am told that I began telling everyone that I was an astronaut set to head to Mars in July with John Glenn and “that other guy.” I also vaguely recall telling people that they should “reach for their dreams.” (Apparently, when I drink I become a junior high guidance counselor.) But I definitely remember the next day, which was more than a smidge rocky. You know it’s bad when your whole day revolves around how much time is left until you can take another gelcap.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?