<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 29, 2004

News & Notes

– Celebrity Sightings. I saw a guy who looked a lot like Scott Baio walking down the street today. And there’s a janitor in my office building who has a major M.C. Hammer vibe. Now, according to IMDb, Mr. Baio is currently doing reshoots on a movie appropriately entitled “Cursed,”co-starring Lance Bass, Mya, and Joshua Jackson, so I’m clearly wrong on that one. But I’m not entirely convinced that the modern day Hammer is Too Legit to Mop. I’ll hold out hope.

– Random Groping. This morning on the train I was once again on the receiving end of some full-frontal gropeage. Okay, so I know the ride can be a little bumpy, but can someone explain how grabbing my wang enhances a passenger’s stability? Not that I’m complaining.

– DeGrassi Junior High: The Next Generation. Yes, this show is intended for twelve year olds, and yes it comes to us from Canadian Public Television. But the minute Manny went from nerdy nice girl to thong-wearing, boyfriend-stealing, backstabbing slut, I was hooked.

– T.S. Eliot. I just thought I’d throw him in here to remind us that, although television is a magic box that astounds us with its many lights and colors, reading has its charms, too. Especially if you’re in the Pizza Hut “Book It” Club and are eligible to win a free personal pan pizza.

– Free Cone Day. For people who are supposed to be hippies, Ben & Jerry sure have a lot of cash to throw around. But I love the ice cream, when the flavor names don’t set off my gag reflex.

– The Fifty Most Beautiful People. Otherwise known as a pretty much random list cute-ish people in the news this year. I love how every year they have to pick some “regular” folks to put on the list, because apparently Salma Hayek hasn’t done enough pilates this year to be more beautiful than some chemist named Midge from Scranton. My year is coming, I just know it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?