<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Community Beat

– Mary-Kate Olsen. I can’t help but feel that John Stamos is behind this somehow. On the plus side, at least now she won’t have to worry about people knowing the difference between her and her sister.

– DSL. So what if everyone I meet online turns out to be an undercover cop? I don’t know how I lived without it. There’s something about repeatedly downloading crappy trailers for movies you don’t plan to see that is uniquely satisfying.

– Ice Cream Trucks. There’s one in my neighborhood that I seriously think must be a front for a drug operation. It only comes around late at night, and its jingle is an extended Phish cover. Plus, is Fucked Up Fudge a legitimate flavor?

– Arrested Development. Please watch this show. It’s hilarious, and besides, it provides at least half an hour each week where FOX cannot put Paris Hilton on the air.

– The Fake Farm in Lincoln Park. There’s something vaguely sad about this. People in rural America aren’t constructing models of urine soaked sidewalks and disgruntled cab drivers to teach their children about city life. You want a real farm experience, I’ll send you to meet my Wisconsin cousins. Just don’t expect to keep all of your toes.

– The Clinton Book. I hear he took some literary license. For instance, Hillary has wings, and Al Gore is a magic leprechaun.

I've got the day off tomorrow, so I won't be posting; bitterly weep at my absence and eagerly await Monday's edition.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?