<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Junior Achiever

So my sister was in town this past weekend (imagine a female version of me, except more popular with my parents and more visually similar to our childhood mailman), and good lord do we know how to piss time away. I don’t want to blame the Nintendo, but it certainly couldn’t have helped that we played approximately 12,000 games of Bad News Baseball, the Japanese translation of our nation’s pastime that features rabbit umpires, a shortstop on the first base side, and completely random scoring. I also defended my Dr. Mario championship, which I’ve sadly found carries very little weight with your finer medical schools. But we’re friends of all media, so we also made sure to rehearse a touching reenactment of the Degrassi Junior High: The Next Generation where Terri’s abusive boyfriend puts her into a coma (I got the plum role of the abusive boyfriend, thanks to my mastery of “crazy eyes”) and create a helpful chart of Lindsay Lohan’s overexposure based on old copies of Us Weekly (seven separate appearances in the June 28 issue alone). See, who says kids these days don’t care about science? Oh wait, that was me, when we got to thermodynamics in Mr. Baird’s physics class...

But anyway, I am once again a productive member of society, and therefore filled with secret loathing. Yesterday I attended a one hour meeting about how to make work product (but apparently not meetings) shorter and more efficient. Then I worked efficiently well into the evening revising drafts I wrote last week that have been returned with neat little comments like “it’s just kind of blah” and “why do I care about this?” Suffice it to say that my victory in the Bad News World Series may stay my biggest accomplishment of the week.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?