<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Retreat!

This Thursday my work is having an all-day “retreat.” Do you have any idea how pumped I am about this? First of all, it will literally allow me to retreat from the work piled up on my desk. Secondly, I feel pretty certain we’re going to end up doing trust exercises in there somewhere, and I’ve got a list of people I’m just dying to “accidentally” drop cold on the floor. Then, there’s the possibility that we’ll all start sharing our deep thoughts about “quality” and end up hugging and crying. I think we’re going to be about two academic deans and an inflatable obstacle course from a college orientation, and I couldn’t be more excited.

Of course, the last time we did this they made us complete psychological profiles, under the guise of helping us learn to work together, but clearly so as to determine who might flip out and start attacking management. It may well be that this is all part of an evil plan to uncover employees’ innermost secrets, and that some of us will be “disappeared” Latin-American style at the close of the proceedings. But if that is the price I pay for the opportunity to play Kerplunk all day and still draw a salary, so be it. When they raise the stakes to urine tests, that’s where I’ll draw the line.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?