<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Some Well-Deserved Praise

We get an interesting range of reader e-mail here at the blog. Some people write in simply to correct my typos or discuss the great eternal mystery of Lindsay Lohan’s Suddenly Ginormous Boobs; others encourage me to find the lord (as though he’s simply hiding behind the credenza) or at least a certified mental health care professional. Still others send me ads for various genital-related pharmaceuticals and real estate seminars, in what I can only assume is non-blog-related business. But as our 100th post here at the blog approaches, we’ve received a number of great completely-not-made-up compliments and remembrances that I thought I’d share with all you loyal readers. And what the hell, you disloyal readers can take a gander as well. Mainly because I like saying “take a gander.”


I like your blog because it doesn’t insult my intelligence. Okay, so once it might have said something about how my intelligence looks crappy in red, but it was just stressed out after a long day at work and it apologized right away.

-- Cheryl from Ohio


My favorite blog moment was when Fonzie wanted to join Richie’s band, but he wouldn’t let him. Fonzie went nuts and started killing people. It was hilarious. Man, what a great blog.

-- Mark from Michigan


The best thing about the blog is that it’s always there for you. Unlike my crazy ex-wife, Lorraine. Once she threw my bowling ball through the front window. Just because I happened to mention that her pot roast was a little dry. I haven’t had the blog’s pot roast, but I bet it’s better. Is the blog seeing anyone right now?

-- Dick from Kansas


I remember when the blog was just starting out and it had all these cute little observations about work and riding the train and the Home Depot and stuff. Man, what the hell happened? J. Lo jokes? What, have you been raiding the trash can at Ryan Seacrest’s writers’ room?

-- Marsha from Texas


The blog and I have had a fairly tumultuous relationship. It kills me that it refuses to recognize our child, but then it will go and do something wonderful like call Dr. Phil a phony, pretentious lardass, and I just melt.

-- Carolyn from Iowa


This weblog may be the greatest single artistic creation in the history of mankind. Of course, I’ve lived in a tiny, dank cave cut off from all civilization for my entire life, but I think I got the gist of it. I give it four thumbs up, as the saying goes.

-- Dave from Colorado

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?