<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 09, 2004

A Non-Apology Apology

I realize that there’s been something of a substantial break in programming here at the blog, and I just want to assure everyone that there is basically no good reason for it and that it probably will happen again. You see, summer in Chicago is the only season of the year in which the city is truly livable, and as much as the Paris Hilton/Nick Carter breakup is begging for my explication, I simply cannot resist the lure of lying on the beach and secretly ogling passersby from behind my sunglasses or standing in a inch-deep mixture of urine, vomit, and beer as I use a portajohn at one of the city’s finer neighborhood festivals. So I have been out and about gathering material, whether it be the insane mustachioed woman who challenged me to arm wrestle her when I was out with my friends at a beer garden or the small child who struck me from behind with his bike as I was running along the lakefront path. Absent the foot of snow, life is more interesting than ever (although "interesting" is a word that is clearly rather broadly interpreted around here, given the multiple posts dedicated to television programs I have watched or my epic battles with building maintenance), but that sadly leaves much less time for prattling on endlessly about it. Don’t worry, though, I’m way too self-absorbed to stop posting altogether, and it’ll be winter here again in about another five minutes, anyway.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?