<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 20, 2004

For Study and Discussion

-- The Emmy Awards. So militant about cutting off speeches I thought someone was going to smack Elaine Stritch with a tire iron. I'm not sure it would have fazed her, though.

-- Desirability. I though I was being hit on the other day, but it turned out it was just a twitch, not a wink. Still, I'm not saying I'd turn it down.

-- Judicial Process. It's so much less like Matlock than I thought it would be. Nobody ever solves any damn mysteries, for one thing. And I spend most of my time thinking about getting litigants different haircuts.

-- Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. I actually hear it's pretty good, but I have a problem with any movie whose title sounds like it was come up with by a stoner focus group. Although it is good to see Angelina Jolie embrace her inner pirate.

-- Fruit Roll-Ups. In a major reversion to the fourth-grade version of myself, I've begun packing them in my work bag. I draw the line at applying the moustache cut-outs to my face, though. Usually.

-- Everwood. Dirty title aside, this show is amazing at combining Seventh-Heaven-style family values with Dawson's-style smut. And, apparently, at hiring washed-up former teen drama stars now married to hot former Real Worlders.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?