<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, October 22, 2004

A Magical Journey of Personal Discovery

I began my day today by driving a stool sample halfway across town so that my doctor can confirm that Frank, The Parasite (soon to star in his own children's animated series) has indeed gone to the big intestines in the sky. I'm tempted to view this as a metaphor for my life, but for now let's just say that I really wouldn't mind leaving all of my bodily functions unexamined for a while. It seems unlikely that digestive distress is going to be "in" this year.

On a slightly more newsworthy note, but retaining the unpleasant smell, I also accepted an offer of employment today that commits me to be in Chicago for at least the next two years. I realize that this would not seem like a big deal to most people, but since it was only last year that I first took a job that won't be terminated by going back to school or flipping off the manager, I'm feeling rather mature. I have future plans that pretty much preclude me from running off to join a hippie commune (they still have those, right?) or moving to Malaysia to teach English to young employees of Nike. I will have a secretary and people who have to do what I tell them to. It seems likely that the whole structure of our national economy will collapse.

Tonight I'm going over to my friend's place to carve pumpkins and drink wine. Alcohol and knives are definitely a winning combination. Isn't fall just the best?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?