<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 18, 2004

This Modern World

– Shopping. I may just seriously lose it on the next clerk who asks for "my autograph" on the credit card receipt. Autographs are for 8x10 glossies and occasionally boobs, not the mastercard slip from the chinos you bought at Banana Republic. And while we’re at it, let’s place a moratorium on calling it a "John Hancock" as well.

– I Heart Huckabees. I’m not entirely convinced that putting a lot of philosophical references and a chick with a French accent into your movie automatically makes it art, but then again I was too dumb to get most of it, anyway. My only real problem is that it’s keeping Marky Mark away from his important work with the Funky Bunch.

– TiVO. We just got it, and I have to admit I had never realized how much terrible crap there is on television. Or how much I desperately need to watch all of it.

– Symbolism. I had a dream last night that I got attacked by snakes on the train. When I tried to interpret the dream online, I found out that I either fear commitment or harbor unresolved issues with my mother. And all this time I thought I was just afraid of snakes.

– Guilt. After a year and a half of pretending we could actually take care of ourselves on our own, my roommate and I finally decided to hire a cleaning woman. But now I’m too ashamed to let her do anything. Last night I pre-cleaned the toilet so she wouldn’t think we were animals.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?