<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

A Few Points of Clarification

My friend sent me this article from the New York Times about a woman who got fired because of some stuff she posted on her blog. Now I probably shouldn't be too concerned, given that my posts are generally less "sexy pictures of myself" than "extended meditation on the difficulties of having an intestinal parasite," but there are probably a few things I ought to clear up with regard to my own employment. First of all, my supervisors are seriously the most amazing people in the history of time. Really. Like the other day I caught my boss turning water into wine. Just casually, because she thought a little Boone's Farm would be nice with lunch. And one of my editors sketched out a little bit of a cure for cancer the other day while he was waiting in line at the Dunkin Donuts. Secondly, I love my job, and any negative utterances on my part have been either A) intended ironically or B) chemically induced. Also, I would like to state for the record that I work very hard and that my work product speaks for itself. Damn work product. Don't be surprised if something mysteriously "happens" that that loose-lipped work product some day.

And while we're disclaiming things, I want to make the following points so as to avoid the wrath of litigious celebrities. Luckily I've steered clear of any Catherine Zeta-Jones or Michael Douglas comments, or my ass would be all over Celebrity Justice already. But, unambiguously and for the record, I want to make clear that Tara Reid is not an alcoholic or a skank. She simply appreciates the finer things in life, repeatedly. And a number of the less fine things, including J.C. Chasez. I also must clarify that Ben Affleck is not untalented and scary. It may appear that way, but the lack of talent is computer generated. Further, Jennifer Lopez has not been married 4012 times. And Tom Cruise is not, not, not gay.

I hope this clears things up.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?