<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 08, 2004

Travelogue

So I went to visit my sister in Champaign, IL, this weekend, and it was an absolute delight. First of all, since I now have a vehicle with a working radio and climate control, I was able to totally pump up my jams ("Wind Beneath My Wings" has never sounded so hardcore) in mad comfort and style. Secondly, I got the chance to continue my tour of America's Dirtiest Restrooms (soon to be a regular segment on Good Morning America) with a stop in Kankakee, IL, where the facilities were not only an inch deep in suspiciously-colored water but also covered with overly-stern and underly-spelled signs dispensing important warnings to patrons, like "lites turn off after fifeteen minutes" and "hand drier for hand use only." Finally, I passed a car with no fewer than five bumper stickers citing passages of the Bible, which made me feel not only especially speedy but more than a little bit holy. And all of this was before I even got there.

Our activities themselves were not so monumental, if you can believe it. We played some Sega (Remember Sonic the Hedgehog? And all the other fun Sega characters? Like that one red guy? And the guy who punches people?), gorged ourselves at a quality family-dining establishment, and went to a movie. There was a brief flurry of activity directed at attempting to go to an orchard so my sister could potentially ride a pony despite the fact that she is not four, but it all came to naught when it predictably turned out that the orchard attractions are in fact devoted to children. We almost bought some homemade fudge, though, so the twenty minute trip out there was totally worth it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?