<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Holidaze

Last night we had a little holiday party at our building, and I'm pretty sure that if Christ hadn't already died and been resurrected, this would have been enough to kill him. In addition to the obligatory red and green jello shots and the third-grade style construction paper Christmas ornaments, we also had a full-on game of "Pin the Tail on the Christ Child" set up and what was undoubtedly the finest arts and crafts center this side of the Mississippi for stocking and dreidel making. Frankly, you haven't really lived until you've followed up a keg stand with a blindfold and a huge pair of scissors. It's worth it for the possibility of accidental makeovers alone.

Today, however, I am rather typically paying the price. Lately, when I drink I tend to wake up absurdly early the next day and find myself unable to go back to bed. So although I only got four hours of sleep, I was wandering around at 9:30 this morning, sucking down tylenol and picking glitter and felt out of our rugs. I greeted the various crashers ornamenting our couches, chairs, and floor, and poured the first of the day's approximately 800 glasses of water. Then, I strolled down the street in what would eventually prove a fruitless search for McGriddles, realizing that pajama pants aren't really all the rage on North Avenue.

God bless the holidays.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?