<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Lonely at the Top

I've been back at work for the past few days, but everyone else has not. Yesterday there were only two people in from my department; today there we're up to four. Can I say that it's been freaking awesome? It reminds me of the days immediately preceding holiday breaks in grade school -- everyone just assumed you were going to be too spaced-out to learn how to add fractions that day, so instead you got to play tenuously math-related board games watch old episodes of Reading Rainbow. My supervisors have basically just thrown up their hands and decided to hope someone will get interested in the law again next week. I spent half the day today shredding things. Tomorrow I think maybe I'll catch a movie. Something with LeVar Burton, perhaps?

It still feels too soon to be back, though, I have to admit. I could definitely go back to that whole school plan where you get a month off to watch The Price is Right and play Sega at Christmas. Of course, no one was paying me then. I'd miss that.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?