<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 30, 2005

It Happened One Night

Last night was somewhat problematic for me.

I ended up lying on the stairs up to my apartment at 3 in the morning, telling my sister that there was "no way I was going to make it" and that, accordingly, she "should just go on without me" because she "still had so much to live for."

This led to a vigorous discussion of who had had what to drink when and with whom, and how the "beer and coke" might not take off as America's newest alcohol craze.

Eventually, I was cajoled into scaling flight one of steps, at which point I repeated this little psychodrama at the base of flight two.

At some point comic slapping became involved.

After finally reaching my apartment, I hatched a clever scheme to barricade myself in my bedroom. I am not sure if I felt I was somehow being pursued or if I simply desired to reenact the Jodi Foster classic Panic Room, but I tried to push my dresser in front of the door. Luckily, I am weak and it is an IKEA monstrosity, so these plans amounted to very little.

This morning, I woke up inexplicably wearing my scarf.

I still maintain I was drugged.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?