<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Reversals of Fortune

This weekend marked my return to the International House of Pancakes in Lakeview, the establishment I blamed, perhaps unfairly, for my unfortunate bout of parasitism. Unfortunately, IHOP and I reconciled too late for me to reap the autumnal benefit of pumpkin pancakes, but I did devour a rather nice stack of regular pancakes and some sort of omlette I was too drunk to either coherently order or afterwards fully remember. I think there was bacon in it, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyway, I've decided that if I get another "little friend" I'm naming him Irving.

Other weekend fun? Crouching on my street in the cold to reverse my front and rear license plates. Apparently, when I got the new car they put them on wrong, resulting in about a week's worth of parking tickets from my friends at the City of Chicago. See, the registration sticker is supposed to be on the REAR license plate, and if it's on the front one instead, well, no one could ever possibly be expected to figure that out. I'm sending in the checks, but I am thinking about writing the nastiest memo line you can imagine. I'm a rebel.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?