<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Annual Report

Today is the one-year anniversary of my first post.

So far I am celebrating by lying on the couch and watching The Surreal Life, which I'm pretty sure I don't even like. I am getting kind of involved in Da Brat's emotional journey, though.

The obvious thing to do at this point would be to "take stock" and figure out what this past year has meant for all of us. Maybe I could shed a tear as I relate how writing about parasitism helped me to come to grips with it or how a paper cut to my left index finger nearly sidelined posting for a week. Perhaps I could get readers to share their favorite moments from the blog, which would likely be moments that actually came from old Dilbert strips or episodes of Happy Days. To clarify the differences once again, the blog has neither a talking dog nor the Fonz. Although we are in talks with a Pomeranian with a bad cough and a leather jacket.

It has been a pretty good year, though. Sometimes I had such witty thoughts about the shellshocked troglodyticness of a flight attendant or the unspeakable fashion sense of a hapless Apprentice contestant that I couldn't wait to put them on the blog. Other times I could think of absolutely nothing to say, which in the best-case scenario actually kept me from attempting to post rather than combing the recesses of my mind for a Everwood plot summary or junior high math team anecdote to share. I have almost quit more times than I can tell you, but I guess there's just way too much out there that really bears being written about for me to leave it all to the Ann Coulters and Dave Barrys of the world. Of course, the Jeff Gannons are another story.

In the end, I think blogging is a lot like reality television or voting -- it may not amount to much, but it makes you feel good, and keeps a lot of crazy people off the streets. So here's to another year of PG-13 stories about my personal life and Leno-reject Ashlee Simpson jokes.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?