<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Excavating the Ruins of Pompeii

I love my roommate, I really do. He always forwards me information about marketing surveys I could participate in for cash, he understands the cultural importance of movies like Sister Act and Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, and he bought us TiVo and a small Bolivian woman to clean up our messes. Plus, he's gone a lot, so I get plenty of Jay time, which is so important.

But he has a habit of leaving things half-done around the house, as though interrupted mid task by a masked home invader or the eruption of a long dormant volcano. I come home and find half a sandwich and an open jar of peanut butter sitting on the counter, or the remains of someone attempting to change a light bulb. Once I came home at three in the morning to find no one home but all the lights on and the TV in the living room blaring a copy of Amistad. This weekend I already have two half-empty pizza boxes decorating the coffee table, a set of clothes originally destined for goodwill adorning the living room floor, and a gallon of milk that's been left out for thirty-six hours on the kitchen counter. All I can say is thank god the Bolivian is coming tomorrow.

Of course, during my relatively short tenure on this earth, I have already lived with a fat nudist, a rageaholic who broke his hand punching a brick wall, and a death metal fan who suffered from both multiple personality disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder. So I'm feeling pretty good about life right now.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?