<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 04, 2005

Storytelling

Have you ever been in the middle of describing something that you did at work to someone and suddenly realized that they are imagining something heavy falling on you so as to end the story? I think that maybe the vast amounts of writing and abstract reasoning I do at my job don’t translate so well into an action-packed narrative. I might have to bring Jerry Bruckheimer in to consult – maybe we can blow something up in the middle of my next employment discrimination suit.

I just noticed there’s a man who works in my office building whose name is Chris O’Donnell. Do you think it’s maybe the same one? We haven’t heard much from him since Batman & Robin.

My parents are on Spring Break from the college they work at starting today. For them, this means that for the next week they’ll be spending their days in the library and at their computers for pleasure rather than for work. I like to imagine them heading down to Cancun to do tequila shooters, though.

Tonight I am going to a wine tasting benefit for some kind of Catholic charity. Not one of the ones that wants to get all up in your lady business, though, don’t worry. I think it’s for sick kids. And if my getting wasted cheap leads to even one child feeling even slightly better, well, I’m willing to make the effort. I just hope they don’t serve that cheap-ass communion wine.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?