<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 08, 2005

And the Winner Is...

That’s right, the Be Jay’s Roommate Sweepstakes has ended within 48 hours of being announced. It turns out that craigslist is good for more than just selling overstocked ALF memorabilia and futilely asserting your missed connections with random hot strangers on the train. Although I feared I would just end up being stalked by some freak who randomly read an invitation to smell my hair into the phrase "summer sublet," instead I found a nice Harvard law student with a good laugh. We shared a few horror stories from roommates past (she contributed an agoraphobic, I trumped her with a schizophrenic) and quickly got down to more important issues like preferred brands of alcohol and what we ought to tivo. Within fifteen minutes I knew that A) she was pretty cool and B) I really didn’t want to think about this for much longer. I mean, come on, some of Hollywood’s most successful sham marriages are built on less than that.

Thanks to everyone for their responses. I particularly enjoyed the dirty ones, although no, the room does not come with a spanking. I really wish everyone could have the amazing opportunity to live with me, but I’ve only got so much love to give. If you’ve seen Gorillas in the Mist, though, you pretty much get the picture.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?