<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 03, 2005

This One's for You, JP2

The Pope died yesterday. He's the only Pope we've had during my lifetime, so it seems like a pretty big deal. The Pope and I have had our disagreements, God knows (ha ha), but he was a pretty great guy. And I know that I was always the one who was wrong, since he was infallible and all. He never made a big deal about the whole infallibility thing, though.


I went with an image of the younger, leaner Pope, because I thought he would want it that way. Did you know he was Polish and not Italian? Still Catholic, though, don't worry.

I feel like being Pope is a pretty hard job. You've got to say mass all the time, for one thing. It's hard for me to even sit through mass most of the time. Sometimes I leave before the closing hymn. If you're the Pope, you can't do that. And man, I bet you've got tons of praying you've got to do. When you're the Pope, if you don't pray, people die.

I wish I'd known more about good old John Paul II. Like what was his favorite food? Did he like riding in the Popemobile, or did he sometimes just want a Chevy? And did he think J.Lo and Marc Anthony would last? They're Catholic, so I'm sure he had an opinion on them. Maybe he even thought they were part of the whole "ideology of evil." Could be. Her new single is pretty darned terrible.

Anyway, goodbye to you, JP2. I always thought you looked great in the hat.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?