<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Updates

Apologies for the spotty posting this week; both blogger and comcast were on the fritz and converted my various masterworks into so much meaningless code. More meaningless than usual, even. I assure you I'm drafting some appropriately terse letters of complaint as we speak.

My sister's in town this weekend, which as usual has meant plenty of eating to excess and playing Dr. Mario. This time she's also high on Dayquil, though, so it's dreadfully entertaining. Last night she spent twenty minutes laughing at something I said several months ago that I can't even remember. I really think I ought to load up everyone I know with cold and flu medication.

So I missed the Pope's funeral. I think I can pretty much guess how it went, though. Lots of crying, prayers in languages I don't understand, big box in a hole? And now I heard people are calling for him to be a saint. Don't they know there's all kinds of red tape surrounding that? It's not a People's Choice Award, for God's sake. You've got to have confirmed miracles, liked turning water into wine or making FOX watchable.

All right, it's a beautiful day, so I'm going to go for a run and laugh at all the people who shouldn't be wearing shorts.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?