<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 30, 2005

Brave New World

I now have a digital camera. I am really excited about this. Previously, when I wanted to post photos, I had to scan something from my collection, usually involving me in a retarded costume. I had to use my parents' scanner, which I could never do without sitting through the same thorough tutorial I've heard a million times and didn't need the first time, the on switch being fairly easy to locate. Plus, I never had shots of the really interesting stuff in my life, like the booklet depicting Jesus as a dinosaur handed to me by a crazy person on the street or the bizarre, possibly living substance in my bottom desk drawer. It was all very regrettable.

But now everything's going to change! I can take random pictures whenever I feel like it and transfer them straight to my computer. I'm sure this will make my life worth living. For example, tonight I took a picture of our scary back stairs:


I have fallen down these stairs approximately thirty-seven thousand times, and without the aid of alcohol. They look like they might collapse at any time, don't they? They actually make a sort of screaming sound when you walk on them. At the very least, I think this picture depicts how much our back staircase looks like the place where the murder would happen. And this is WITH the flash. Shudder.

Wow, what should I take a picture of next? Our scary laundry room? The scary contents of our refrigerator? Myself dressed as The Korean War in honor of Memorial Day? The possibilities are endless.

Of course, it took me over an hour to figure out how to post this shot, so let's just hope it's a pretty steep learning curve. Scary stairs, though, man. How totally worth it.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?