<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 13, 2005

Madness, Windows Into

I have had Play-Doh in my office for the past week and it’s been an absolute delight. Freud would probably have a field day with my creations, but to hear people tell it, he has a field day pretty frequently. What the hell is a field day, anyway? I grew up among the fields, and I have to say I find it impossible to believe you could fill a whole day out there.

A couple of my friends are coming into town this weekend, and I’m trying to figure out what I should take them to do. Is it sad that I’ve got like a hundred ideas for restaurants to go to, but no real plan otherwise? I was thinking about taking them to the zoo, but now the animals keep dying there and it looks like it’s going to rain, anyway. Maybe I should just force them to drink until they black out and then tell them we went to the Sears Tower. It’s about the same effect.

I’m about halfway through Light in August and so far it’s completely lovable. After ploughing through so much drab realism, I’m really enjoying the dose of three-pages-without-punctuation, burn-down-the-plantation-style crazy. And I admit it, I’m a total sucker for things happening in the books I read. Maybe because I spend eight hours a day motionless at a desk. Well, motionless except for the Play-Doh.

New roommate is also coming in this weekend. I’m a little nervous. What if she turns out to be a skinhead or a bass fishing enthusiast? Guess I’d better brush up on my rods and reels, just in case.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?