<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Trippin'

I'm going to take a vacation in August, but I can't figure out where to go. Since I'm sure that most of my readers would like to "tell me where to go" on a pretty regular basis, I thought I'd ask all of you what you think. The person with the best suggestion gets, oh, I don't know, a magic unicorn. Aren't promises just so much easier to make once you abandon all intention of keeping them?

My criteria for the trip are rather simple. First, I probably will only get to leave for about a week. After that, my parole officer is bound to notice the absence. Second, I want to go somewhere with ruins. (Historical ruins -- I'm not talking a trailer park in Arkansas, here.) Third, there must be beaches and good weather, so I can lie in the sun and pretend that January in Chicago will never happen again. Oh, and ideally I'd like to be able to get a monkey to eat out of my hand. One of those little Outbreak-style monkeys (minus the disease), not one of the big Planet-of-the-Apes-style ones. I'm not an idiot, okay?

Other things to keep in mind? I don't want to be abducted by a terrorist cell unless absolutely necessary. Also, it would be better to not be stuck in a hurricane, earthquake, or plague. Oh, and I'd really like to go somewhere where the exchange rate allows me to live like a king as peasants scramble for the very scraps from my table. Sound doable?

Vacations are so much fun!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?