<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Accomplishments, Dubious

Damn. I just realized I've done over 300 posts. Seriously. Do I have way too much time on my hands, or what? I mean, I know my various staff meetings and cab rides make pretty compelling source material, but I'm not sure that any single life can bear that much dissection. I feel like I'm going to need to back over a pedestrian or marry Katie Holmes or something just to keep things fresh. Either that or put up some more topless photos of myself. It was nice to hear from the creepy older men segment of my audience.

Actually, though, there’s been a lot going on lately. Friday I had a wedding in the suburbs, which allowed me to A) buy a beer for two dollars, B) stock up on fine Sam’s Choice products at Wal-Mart, and C) enjoy the impressively deep and appropriately smarmy radio voice of the coworker who was DJing the wedding. Then Saturday I spent the day at the East Bank Club, Chicago’s yuppie mother ship, where my friend is a member. (Pictures – including some with me in a hat! – will follow, eventually.) Lots of interesting grooming and apparel choices on display there, to be sure. And Sunday was the Pride Parade, which, well, wow. I have never seen so many plausible-looking drag queens before in my life. Plus you get to see politicians and TV personalities looking vaguely uncomfortable to be riding on the float directly behind the submissive leather daddies. It was a weekend full of entertainment. Which explains why I had difficulty sitting upright in my chair at work for most of the day yesterday. I still maintain that it is very challenging.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?