<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 24, 2005

Hammer Time

I just finished watching the MC Hammer made-for-TV movie on VH1. Now, in my defense, I was not just watching the MC Hammer made-for-TV movie; I was also doing laundry and cleaning at the same time. I also took a shower, which resulted in me missing much of the 2 Legit 2 Quit era. But I saw enough to allow me to say with some degree of certainty that it was the most amazing artistic achievement in the history of man. The actor playing MC (I think we're on a first name basis after all these years) was so good I really thought for a minute he might actually be MC, who after all needs the work. But no, it was a non-MC MC, and he did a perfect job capturing all the different facets of the Hammer -- the driven workaholic, the family man, the person incapable of sensibly spending money, the man who appeared in a video with members of the Addams Family. And boy could he do the running man! I find it difficult to conceive of the fact that there was no Emmy attention.

I also watched half of a Dawson's Creek this morning (the one where Andi leaves Capeside after Jen gives her club drugs) and nearly gave myself heatstroke trying to run in the 90-degree weather. This is why they shouldn't give me extra time off of work. For my own protection.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?