<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Technology Corner

Did I mention that I have a fantastic new cell phone? That's right, the 1990s-model, Zack-Morris-style, plug-it-into-your-car-cigarette-lighter-and-go phone is no more. Now I have amazing high-tech features such as a color display, the ability to recharge without the use of a hazmat suit, and a "9" key that doesn't stick. Plus, it's a camera phone, so I can harass friends and loved ones by taking surreptitious, terrible photos of them and using them to ID their calls. Every time that shot of my friend Suzanne with one eye closed and half a hotdog in her mouth comes up it makes my day.

Of course, this is kind of a big step for me. I'd always maintained that I was not really a cell phone person, not wanting to be associated with those who use their phones in grocery stores, at funerals, or during sex. My phone was really just a necessary evil, you see, to help me carry on my important business -- saving baby seals, curing unpleasant diseases, and so forth. But now my phone is definitely a toy. I've even got Tetris!

Oh, and I'm officially no longer a telephonic resident of central Illinois. 312 all the way, baby! For someone who still eats dinner off the coffee table in front of the television, I'm impressively cosmopolitan.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?