<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Regime Change

Okay, I know we all had a good laugh when I started talking about my newfound maturity, but listen to all the awesomely adult things I did yesterday. First, I had a salad for lunch, and not even one of those Wendy's salads that are all bacon and dressing with like two pieces of lettuce. Nope, it was like something you would give to livestock, all green and leafy and guaranteed to prevent mange. Then I did all my work very diligently without a single Walgreen's break or watercooler bitch session, and this despite receiving a comprehensive lecture about the merits of shirt tucking. ("If you are wearing a sweater, it isn't necessary to tuck that in. But with a polo shirt, you see, it just looks neater.") I finished Tristram Shandy on the train (a bona fide 18th Century novel, thank you very much, and not exactly the plottiest thing imaginable) and wrote half of a sketch before heading out for the night. I even drank nothing but Diet Coke at the bar. And okay, so maybe I had a little bit of a caffeine buzz going, but mainly I'm pretty sure I was high on life. Does anybody know if Angela Lansbury is single? Because I am feeling mature.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?