<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 05, 2005

Closure

Today is my last day at this job. How weird is that? After two years of complaining about everything from the uncomfortable stiffness of my desk chair to the low quality of my insane litigants, enduring lame office gossip concerning who may have once had a crush on whom but not done anything about it or who might have been stealing office supplies, and reveling in my proximity to inexpensive salad sold on a per-pound basis, I am moving on. No more crashing around in the office at night after the automatic lights have already switched off. No more group lunches at the big conference table, which was actually four tables pushed together. No more cake parties. I’m out the door. We brought in donuts this morning, so it’s definitely official.

I’ve actually had a pretty good experience, I have to say. My writing skill have improved immeasurably, and not just those that involve making lame dick jokes and unnecessary Ashlee Simpson references online. My coworkers are really nice people, if sadly unlikely to grace the pages of Us Weekly at any point in the near future. And I got all the Internet time I wanted, so long as I didn’t go to any naughty sites. Okay, so that part was a little tough. I had to cancel my subscription to footfetish.com.

Anyway, I’m happy to have had the experience I had here, even if I am looking forward to taking a month off and, even more so, to finally making some real money once I enter the soulless world of corporate litigation. And yes, I’ll still be blogging, so your daily dose of self-important rambling will still be just a mouse click away.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?