<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Miscellany

Can I just say that my new gym has the worst Muzak ever? To the extent that I was showering this morning to the tune of the theme from M*A*S*H. Nothing like overtones of the Korean War to help you bathe efficiently. I guess I've officially started having flashbacks to things that never happened to me in the first place. Total hottness.

So my new roommate has been with me for a week now, and she's amazing! She hasn't had sex on my desk or on the couch yet, that I'm aware of, and she doesn't hide from me in her bedroom all day long! But seriously, it's really nice to live with a friend for once, instead of a psychiatric patient or a murderous hobo. We can chat while we cook or iron or watch So You Think You Can Dance, instead of sitting in ominous silence. We can go up on the roof and have cocktails every night, if we feel like it, at least until we're hospitalized for acute liver failure. And most importantly, we can listen to each other's sad stories and nod meaningfully. Between my roommate and this blog, I'm saving literally gazillions on therapy.

About a week left to go on the new job countdown. I got my last paycheck from the old job last Friday, so I'm starting to feel ready to get back. Because in our country money can be exchanged for goods and services. And that's one to grow on, kids.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?