<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 26, 2005

Postcards from the Edge

Unfortunately, the majority of my Mexico trip was not extremely photogenic, given that I look pretty much the same lying around or shoving tacos into my face in Mexico as I would doing it here. But I guess I've never really shrunk from sharing things that aren't interesting before, so I'll toss out a few more photos from my c-drive eating collection.

Apparently one of the most important religious practices of the ancient Mayans is the running of gift shops. Here, we see a Pepsi Challenge of sorts between carvings of a Mayan God and a relatively wimpy-looking Jesus. It's nice to have options, isn't it? Of course, I bought neither. Now if there had been a carving of Dr. Phil...
As the illustrations on this hotel-room chart show, in the event of a fire it's important to (#3) fall in love with your identical twin, (#5) quickly hail Hitler, and (#6) emit laser beams from your eyes.
In a stunning display of unnecessariness, the hotel maids folded our towels into different animal shapes every day. I almost wanted to stay an extra week, just to see them stretch themselves to octopi and aardvarks.
Synergy at work in a Mayan-themed mini golf course. The Gods must be marketers, yes?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?