<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 09, 2005

Learning Curve

Still in adjustment mode here, folks. I accidentally walked into the copy room instead of the bathroom, and into a wall instead of the stairwell. My office door somehow got stuck in the closed position this morning, and I literally had to slide the key under the door to my secretary in order to be released. And when I tried to put line one on hold and answer line two, I ended up hanging up on both lines. So there's still a little bit of learning to do.

The weirdest thing of all, though, is the fact that I now have people who follow my instructions. When she's not freeing me from imprisonment, my secretary is asking me about things like how I want my phone answered and how I want to keep track of my billing. A paralegal apologized profusely to me today because a page was missing from some copies she made for me. Even the locksmith sought my advice on the whole door issue. Don't these people know I'm 27 years old and really pretty stupid? I mean, there are certain episodes of Saved By the Bell I've seen more than ten times. I read Us Weekly, and not just in line at the grocery store. I really should not be commanding troops of any kind.

Of course, they did warn us during orientation not to ask our secretaries to fetch us lunch or go pick up our dry cleaning. Damn, I guess that means sending her to the sperm bank is out of the question. Always the red tape, you know?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?