<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Occurrences of Note

Our new neighbors on the first floor appear to have built a barricade behind our building. If this seems insane, let me clarify that it is. Rather than moving their worldly possessions all the way into the apartment, these young ladies apparently became too exhausted to continue schlepping bankers boxes in the courtyard, and left all manner of paper products, electronics, clothing, furniture, and even artwork there. In an enormous pile. And then it rained. For several days. The only way I can see this working for them is if they're planning to stage a production of Les Miserables back there. If that's the case, hell, I'll even buy them a French flag.

I've also brought my impressive two weeks of job experience to bear on a couple of recruiting lunches this week. They're fun because I end up getting so hepped up on caffeine and sugar that I tell long, irrelevant stories and repeatedly announce how much I love my job. Meanwhile, the poor interviewees are typically so tired of telling people what kind of tree they would be if they could be a tree and why that they're just glad that I'm doing the talking for a while. See, my life is all about public service. That, and self-aggrandizement.

And last night I totally flipped out on my roommate because I couldn't get the DVR remote to work. It was a complete Incredible Hulk moment. All because I wanted to watch Arrested Development. Okay, also because of those secret government hormone tests I participated in three years ago, but what's a little genetic mutation among friends?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?