<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Orient Express

Started my new job today. As is the custom in this country, I wore a nametag all day, sat through a number of informative presentations (involving Powerpoints!) about using the phone and email, and drank way too many diet cokes (the shakes set in). It was nice to be back to doing something productive again, though, even if it was just sitting around in an office all day instead of on my couch. My new secretary seems very friendly and helpful, unlike previous secretaries who have either A) seemed to be afraid of me for no reason at all or B) resolutely refused to do anything for me. And my office is on the East side, which means I'll be able to glance over at the lake occasionally as my computer screen burns print-shaped holes in my retinas. It should all be really good times.

But before I forget, I thought I'd share a few awesome photographs from my recent Labor Day trip to Quincy. The images that follow are of two of our major cultural institutions:

This is the Wal-Mart. There are Values inside. Sometimes they have sweatpants two for $8. Plus, they don't sell any of that Satanic rap music. God Bless America.

This is The Quincy Mall. It used to have a GAP, but it closed. Same with the Orange Julius. But there's still a Foot Locker, a JC Penney, and a movie theater with three screens! Oh, and the pretzel stand. Won't you please have a delicious pretzel with me? Your treat.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?