<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Samuel Beckett, Eat Your Heart Out

Today I'm spending the day waiting for Comcast to come hook up our DVR. I called them three weeks ago, but this was the first day they had available. Which meant I missed the season premiere of The OC, because let's face it, I definitely don't know how to hook up my VCR. And I do think there's a rather significant probability that they won't come at all. But I've become so addicted to the wonderful drug we call cable television (Celebrity Fit Club, anyone?) that I would probably be grateful even if Comcast came and burned my house down, so long as I somehow received some free premium channels in the transaction. Real estate comes and goes; back-to-back showings of Eurotrip are forever.

I haven't been around the house much lately, though, so I guess I probably shouldn't complain. This way I can remove that suspicious grey ring around the edge of my tub and banish the several bags of trash hopefully piled up next to the actual trash can. Maybe I'll even relocate the large pile of broken-down moving boxes from the center of our living room floor. There's a whole world of amazing possibilities out there; all you have to do is be completely housebound at the whim of your utility providers.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?