<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 19, 2005

Weekend Update

Little bit of a bash at the apartment this weekend. Apparently operating on the principle that summer can't be over if we just pretend we're not freezing, we threw open our roof to a hundred or so of our closest friends and associates. And this time, it was a theme party; all of our door prizes were items left behind by former roommates. The grand prize? A trash bag full of hangers.

But entertaining comes with a price, and I accordingly spent most of my Saturday cleaning and making jello shots. Because I'm an idiot, I got nine different flavors of jello and didn't even think to boil two pots of water at the same time until the last iteration, so it literally took me two hours (or two full episodes of the America's Next Top Model marathon, including the one where Tyra freaked out and screamed "You don't know me! You don't know where I come from!" at some hapless and overly tatooed girl) to get them all done. Also because I'm an idiot, I filled the Dixie Cups nearly all the way to the top, resulting in what were basically jello double shots, or as I called them, jello snacks. Add in the steep, twisting stairs to our roof deck, and it was a recipe for party magic.

Sunday was, in contrast, mostly devoted to work and writing the single worst sketch I have ever produced. Seriously. It has a zero-dimensional character named "Dawnette" in it and revolves around an "appeals court for Judge Judy losers." I can't wait to hear the helpful feedback I get at class tonight, no doubt including "Hey, maybe you could make the sketch funny," and "Well, it's paper, so the good news is that it can be burned." It's sure to be the best of times.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?