<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Priority Check

I have come in to my office, but I suddenly feel that I am not going to do any work. In fact, I'm rather sure of it; I just made plans to be somewhere at seven. It takes me more time than that just to check my e-mail. Mainly because so many people want to tell me about the "pharmaceutical revolution," but still, it's a time consumer.

After last night's assorted disasters, however, I feel I must have another go at weekend fun. Leaving the office "happy hour" a little happier than I should have been after what turned out to be several hours of vodka tonics, I attempted to go meet up with some non-work friends (or "real friends," as I sometimes like to call them) in Lakeview. It wasn't until I was standing outside the bar that I realized I had apparently decided not to be weighed down by any form of ID. (I almost wrote "IUD," which would be equally correct.) Relatively unphased, I simply decided to take the train home, at which point I got on the wrong train, couldn't figure out which stop to get off at, and ended up walking several miles to my home. To top it all off, I randomly called friends and filled them in on the meaning of life for the duration of my walk. I am surprised I still HAVE friends to go out with this evening.

But I do, and I will, so it looks like no work for me today. The good (?) news is that it will definitely still be here waiting for me tomorrow.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?