<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, October 21, 2005

Ramblin' Man

Have you ever seen that episode of Saved by the Bell where Jessie is so busy with school, being in every extracurricular Bayside has of offer (but only for about one episode at a time), and her sassy all-girl singing group, that she ends up getting hooked on caffeine pills? That's kind of how I feel right now. I've just made too many promises to too many people. I'm so excited... I'm so excited... I'm so... scared!

But the good news is that time flies when you're teetering on the brink of destruction. It's hard for me even to believe it's Friday already, although the snazzy jeans and jacket combo I'm wearing serves to remind me. Remember, wearing jeans on any other day of the week would cause corporate profits to plummet and possibly the planet to crash into the sun. But on Fridays, well, different rules of physics and economics apply.

Tonight I think we're going to do our annual pumpkin carving. Often this ends with me accidentally carving myself and seeking first aid. But the spilling of blood adds to the Halloween spirit, so it's all in good fun. One of these years I'd like to roast the seeds, third grade style.

And Saturday is the law firm prom. It's a very exciting thing, because what every workplace needs is really an added level of formality. And a truly deplorable cover band. No, actually, my firm does it up right. I just hope I get to be prom king! Otherwise all of that being nice to people was just a waste.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?