<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Remember, You Can't Spell "Klass" Without Liz & Jay

Roommate Liz and I have been making the rounds of Chicago's most stunning and exclusive social events lately (assuming the terms "stunning" and "exclusive" have been redefined to mean "chicken is served" and "you have to know someone who sort of knows Frank to get in," respectively), and let me tell you, being one of the "beautiful people" isn't always easy. First of all, there's all that smiling in photographs to do. Sometimes you forget which look the smile is, and end up looking reproachful or coquettish on the pages of Chicago Scene Magazine. Second, generally there is a lot of drinking that must be done. Sure, it's regrettable, but someone has to drink their weight in red wine, or it will go to waste, and that would be wrong. Think of the children. And did I mention the dress code? Forget about that Big Johnson T-shirt, mister, this ain't Six Flags. Time to break out your Garanimals from SEARS.

Documentary evidence follows.
Roommate Liz and I at the law firm prom, shortly after we decided it would be a good idea to sing "Sunrise, Sunset" from "Fiddler on the Roof." I believe our decision was motivated by someone's mention of a wedding, but no, I would not be willing to attest to that in a court of law. Regardless, we were perfection. Now this is a hott shott. Doesn't this just scream "Friendster picture?" It makes me want to run for public office on a family values platform.
Just a week later, Halloween parties bring out a decidedly more glamorous side of Room mate Liz, as the winner of the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes. Clearly Aaron (left) is thrilled just to meet her, while Mark (right) is simply stunned. I am taking all of my photographs in cabs from now on.
And the big check is delivered, with Friend Amy and I serving as the Prize Patrol. Don't ask me why members of the Prize Patrol need short ties and Hitler moustaches, they just do.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?