<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Shape of Things

Working on a Saturday is not fun. If anyone tells you it is fun, they are lying, or else they just work somewhere really fun like the circus, Arby's, or the Neverland ranch. It's a beautiful day and I should be out playing with my friends! Instead I am developing eyestrain from reading a billion cases about terrible people who have done foolish things off of my computer monitor. Such is life, I suppose.

Last night we went to the Brauhaus for some Oktoberfest Oktoberfun. It's a pretty cool place; there are old German people there in wretched short pants and they let you drink very potent German beer out of an enormous glass boot that you pass around the table. (Normally I would be worried about getting oral herpes from such a setup, but the beer helps you to screen out all thoughts of the Centers for Disease Control.) They have a polka band that also does covers of some of your favorites of the 70s, 80s, and 90s, and they serve those awesome soft pretzels (take that, pretzel booth in the mall!) and more kinds of sausage than you had ever dreamed of, if in fact you dream of sausage, which you should not. So we had a fairly good night.

Tonight I'm headed to my five-year college reunion in Decatur, IL, world capital of 1) soybean processing and 2) crime. Scandalous details to follow, of course.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?