<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Personnel Matters

The temp in the cubicle just down the hall from me has been making personal phone calls all day. Well, I assume they're personal phone calls; I suppose it's just possible that it was a client who cheated on her with That Skank From Chili's, though I doubt it. Every time I walk by there, which is often, due to her key positioning between my office and the break room, the bathroom, and just about every other hott spott on this floor, I hear a different little psychodrama being played out. This morning I heard the various cajoling and pleading apparently necessary to get her child to go to school. Around lunch there was the aforementioned relationship chat. After that, things mellowed out a bit as she told a friend "Oh yeah, I'm not doing anything. I am so completely bored." She was actually filing her nails as she said this; it was as though she was auditioning for the role of sassy secretary on some gawdawful sitcom pilot starring Brooke Shields.

Also, the project assistant for one of my cases gave me a copy of his band's CD. When I put it in my computer, the genre came up as Gospel/Christian, though he assures me it is actually entirely silent on the subject of God's Love. Regardless, this kid is 23, he's got a twin, and they both play in a band in the suburbs. What more can you want from life?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?