<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Conference Call

So I'm kind of pumped because my firm has asked me to go to my law school's career conference later this month. I'll get to hand out lots of my cute little off white embossed business cards (at least assuming I don't leave them in my desk drawer again) and wax poetic about the joys of the Erie doctrine and joint and several liability. They're going to let me be on a panel talking about judicial clerkships, which should be great so long as they understand that I fully intend to "work blue," and even do some mock interviews, where the emphasis will be strongly on "mock." I feel like I won't really be doing my job unless I make someone cry. Even if it's just one of the administrators there. Heck, if I get the director of career services, I feel like that should be worth extra points.

Law school was such a funny, miserable time for me. On the one hand, I was surrounded by such an amazing array of perfectly developed comic characters-- 25-year-old women who talked incessantly about horses; greasy, agoraphobic guys who talked about Federalism like it was a Hooters waitress they'd banged; career gals who managed to relate civil procedure to that time their boss as Shoe Carnival yelled at them for mislacing the L.A. Gears-- but on the other, I actually had to deal with those people on a day-to-day basis. Of course, I ended up making a lot of great friends there, but good lord the beginning was bumpy. And not just because they made us run an inflatable obstacle course during orientation.

Anyway, I get to stay at the Hawthorne Inn and Suites! How awesome is that? I bet they even have a free continental breakfast.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?