<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Great American Birthday

Yesterday was the big event. I turned 28 without international incident, unless you count that diplomat I slept with. We held a small gathering of Chicago's literati at the apartment to commemorate the occasion.

Despite the fact that this photograph is carefully posed, I manage to look surprised. Note that we have yet to take down our Christmas Tree, or as I call it, Birthday Bush. Of course there was hugging and smiling involved. Angel and I now have a near-decade-long string of cheerful photos in which we're holding beers. That's got to be worth something, although probably not money.
Friend Amy shows off the delicious homemade cookie cake she generously brought to the fete. Roommate Liz also made a blondie brownie snicker pie, which can probably kill you with a single slice, though you probably wouldn't complain. There was also an amazing party tray of smoked, cured meats and my patented (file number 432-24-2459) chili cheese dip.

If there's a better way to mark another year of living, I can't think of it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?