<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Inside the Writer's Studio

I'm taking a new screenwriting class, and my assignment for this week is to pitch an episode of Two and a Half Men. This poses a bit of a problem, as I have seen only one episode of Two and a Half Men in my life, in my screenwriting class last week, and that alone was enough to cause me to doubt my desire to live. Far be it from me to detract from the amazing immobile-faced acting of Charlie Sheen, but I'm not sure if I can capture the subtlety of the three separate vomit jokes I saw on display without more of an introduction to the series. For instance, is the whole thing being presented ironically? Is the comic premise just the fact that they centered a sitcom around an '80s actor whose last credit was in one of those clip shows on VH1? Or is it some postmodern gag where they based a show entire on the discarded musings of Bruce Vilanch? Any input would be appreciated.

Until then, here are my suggested story lines for Two and a Half Men:

-- Charlie dies.
-- Jake is removed by DCFS.
-- Alan goes to Space Camp.
-- Charlie falls into the hands of Muslim extremists, with hilarious consequences.
-- Rose is a completely non-dimensional character.
-- Jake is harassed by a bully at school, who constantly reminds him that his dad was in Superman IV.
-- Evelyn gets trapped in an old refrigerator while playing with friends at the dump.
-- Alan realizes he is profoundly gay.
-- Judith purchases a novelty t-shirt, with hilarious consequences.
-- Charlie dies.

I think I've got a really good start on this one. Who can wait for class?!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?