<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 20, 2006

On the Town

Yet another very full weekend has just passed. Friday involved yet another iteration of my show, this time with a slight buzz on my part, induced by a strange combination of sleep deprivation and overly strong generic brand rum and cokes. It was of course far more amusing for me that way, though it did have the slight side effect of me forgetting to bow at the end. Or not forgetting so much as running in the other direction. I guess my incredibly modesty is only amplified with drink.

And speaking of drink, Saturday we took Roommate Liz to the Brauhuas for her almost birthday. I meant to take my camera and capture some colorful candids for you folks, but in all my sneaking around the house (I thought the event was to be a surprise; in fact it was not) I forgot to bring it. So you will simply have to imagine the sight of our sixty-something waitress wearing a low-cut peasant blouse and girdle, and settle for a word picture of my impromptu Fiddler on the Roof-style dance (complete with low kicks) when the accordion player broke into "Hava Nagila." Perhaps it is better that way.

And to complete the mess, there was definite karaoke. I dedicated a cover of "From a Distance" to Roommate Liz, and then joined her in a lift-tastic version of "I've Had The Time of My Life" from Dirty Dancing. A fortysomething gentleman with his shirt open to his navel told us that we were amazing; I am sure it was not just the PBR talking.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?