<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Welcome to Connecticut, Bitch!

I am not a person who enjoys getting up early in the morning. The way I see it, if God had intended us to wake up before sunrise, he wouldn't have invented alcohol or prime time television. In fact, pretty much the first thing I do every morning when I get up is pray for death. (The next thing I do is grab a bowl of Fruity Pebbles and check to see what Robin Baumgarten is up to on WGN, though, so don't call the Teen Suicide Hotline on me just yet.) So I did not exactly enjoy rising to the dulcet tones of Mexican Hat Dance from my cell phone at 3:30 yesterday morning. But the thought of an amazing day in Connecticut (state slogan: Full of Surprises) had me practically leaping into my action slacks and "I Loves Me Kitty" t-shirt.

Though the airport was practically deserted, security still managed to take about an hour. I honestly believe they were "warming up" for the day by giving each other patdowns while making surly remarks. Luckily, they were well practiced by the time I got there; a particularly menacing pen in my work bag nearly earned me a body cavity search.

Connecticut itself was attractive enough (they have the "nice" strip malls where they put a little bit of crown molding under the light up letters that say Applebees), though I honestly didn't see enough of it to really make a report. I was on the ground there for less than eight hours, and spent almost all of that in a conference room. Conference rooms in Connecticut are pretty nice, although they should have more of the chocolate muffins.

Then, on the way back, we got put in a holding pattern over Northwest Indiana. Even being in a holding pattern over Indiana I felt a sudden urge to ban Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret and watch television shows about fishing. Needless to say, it is nice to be home.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?